1.05.2012

Thy Friend Obadiah, Brinton Turkle


Today's vintage children's books is a Caldecott Honor Book from 1970. Written and illustrated by Brinton Turkle, Thy Friend, Obadiah tells the story of a young boy who is befriended by a seagull. I like the gray and softer muted palette in this book besides Turkle's obvious skills as a draftsman.

It was Turkle's belief that the pictures and words in a picture book should be  interdependent, that neither one could stand alone successfully.








To view a post I did on another book by Brinkton Turkle, The Lollipop Party,
click here. To read about Brinton Turkle, click here.

3 comments:

  1. This looks like a good one. I'll have to track it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh, I LOVE Brinton Turkle! I'm tickled to find your blog, and I'm looking forward to perusing it further!

    ReplyDelete